- This event has passed.
Medical Marijuana Law in Florida (West Palm Beach)
November 15 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
A Comprehensive Overview of Medical Marijuana Legal Issues
Medical marijuana creates numerous opportunities for investors, business owners, healthcare providers and patients with qualifying conditions. It also creates a myriad of potential legal problems for those who misinterpret state law and fail to take into account the fact that marijuana remains a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law. It is essential that attorneys advising medical marijuana businesses, patients and healthcare providers have a firm understanding of state and federal laws, as well as business licensing procedures, taxation difficulties, financing pitfalls and more. Confidently navigate the many intricacies of medical marijuana law – register today!
- Analyze federal memos on medical marijuana and make sense of contradictory government positions.
- Advise prospective medical marijuana business owners on the in’s and out’s of licensing and compliance.
- Ensure dispensaries properly test and package medical marijuana edibles and other products.
- Appraise current banking difficulties for medical cannabis companies, and find alternative solutions for clients’ financing problems.
- Employ creative tax strategies to offset the inability of medical marijuana businesses to deduct business expenses.
- Understand what conditions qualify patients for medical marijuana prescriptions.
- Distinguish between the ethical considerations of helping a business obtain a medical marijuana license and enforcing license rights.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program provides a comprehensive overview of medical marijuana laws for:
- Bankers and Commercial Lenders
- Financial Advisors
- Medical Marijuana Business Investors
- Federal Responses to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Obtaining Medical Marijuana Business Licenses: Overcoming Hurdles
- Essential Business Considerations for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Financing Difficulties for Lenders and Marijuana Businesses
- Medical Marijuana Business Taxation: Strategies to Overcome Current Difficulties
- Patients, Caregivers and Physicians: Ensuring Legal Compliance